Natural phenomema test

 

Lab Report Template

Experiment Name: 

Natural phenomema test

By:  Lazer

 

Purpose (Question we want to answer):

To design and build a structure at least 2 stories high. The natural phenomena I am choosing is a tsunami.

Hypothesis (What do we think will happen?):

I think that the structure will stay in its spot but take a bit of damage.

Materials (What do we need to conduct the experiment?)

  • Clay
  •  Tape
  •  Cardboard
  •  Popsicle sticks
  • Straw’s
Procedure (The steps we took to conduct the experiment from beginning to end)

  1.  Find out what structure you want to make.
  2.  Add the floor and walls.
  3.  Add the second level and stairs.
  4. Add a roof. 
  5. Test if it can hold out from the natural phenomena.
Observations (What did we observe along the way? Record thoughts, sketches etc. here)

I noticed that the rope broke before the bottom. I think that is because I put 2 different types of clay on.

 

 

Science Arm Project

Science Arm Project

 

In science class we worked on a human arm. We built a model out of Toilet Paper Rolls, Balloons, Tape, Markers and a Paperclip. When we had finished building it, when you stretched it out it would contract and when you let it go in it would relax. The three biggest bones in the human arm are: the Humerus, the Ulna, and the Radius. The Humerus is the upper bone in the arm, it goes from the shoulder to the elbow. The Ulna and the Radius make up the bottom half of the arm, the elbow to the wrist. The Ulna is the inner one and the Radius is the outer bone. All together they make up most of the arm. 

 

Hypothesis:

 

I thought that it would flex a little.

 

Procedure:

 

The first step was to label one of the paper towel rolls the Humerus. Then, you cut the one in half that is not labeled the humerus and roll both halves up, tape them, and label them the Radius and the Ulna. Then put a flattened paper clip and stick it through all three rolls. Next bend the ends of the paper clip to keep it in place. Next blow up two balloons and tape the sides to the roles. Then, you are done.

 

Conclusion:

 

The model arm flexed much more than I thought it would flex. Overall, Success.